Hi everyone! Today I have a really simple and delicious pasta recipe that you can prepare in less than half an hour. I am pretty sure that the lovers of Italian cuisine will like it 🙂
I really love pasta and I always experiment with different ingredients. I do not really follow any authentic Italian rules because I believe that there are no rules in cooking. All you need is to follow your instinct and to experiment a bit with different food ingredients to find the best combination for you. Lately I have been trying to upgrade my basic Aglio olio pasta recipe and I combined it with brown champignons and red onion sautéed on white wine. At the end I added just few cherry tomatoes that give a dish a whole new fresh flavour but not overwhelming at all. My personal tip is: Do not forget fresh parsley 🙂 fresh herbs always make a difference.
- 300g spaghetti
- 1/3 cup of olive oil (better one recommended)
- 6-8 larger garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup od freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus some extra for serving
- 5 cherry tomatoes,cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tsp of paprika
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water according to the package directions. Set aside 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before you drain the pasta. When spaghetti is cooked, drain it and transfer it to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pan large enough to hold the pasta. Add the garlic and onion and cook over medium heat to slowly toast it, about 5 minutes. Then stir in chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 2 mins till the garlic is slightly golden, add pepper, salt and paprika. Stir in champignons and sautée them for 2 minutes, then add the wine and cook over higher heat till half of the liquid is reduced. Add cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup of pasta water and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained spaghetti to the garlic sauce and toss. Off the heat, add the parsley and toss well. Allow the pasta to rest for 5 minutes for the sauce to be absorbed. Sprinkle on half of the parmesan cheese, stir until combined. Serve pasta topped with the remaining cheese.