Hi everyone! Today I will share with you my last “experiment” as I call it. I have observed that many of you love sweet recipes so here I come with the new one.
This cherry clafoutis is type of French dessert but it is not a typical fluffy cake as many of you can expect .The main reason why this “cake” is different is because of its dough. If i could compare it to something I would say it is like flan-like dessert because of its pretty dense and thick batter. It is made of milk, eggs, cream, sugar and not that much of flour. The typical one is with cherries but you can also find different versions. It is very rich mainly if you combine milk and whipping cream together as I did. For my version of Clafoutis I used also vanilla bean for better taste and smell then few spoons of coconut oil, lemon peel, and brown sugar which is not in original version but as I always say: “Be creative” 🙂 So I hope you will like it.
- 1cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of whipping cream
- 1Tbs of butter
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 400g of fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 1Tbs lemon peel
- 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Butter and lightly flour a baking dish and scatter the cherries over the bottom of the dish.
- In a smaller pan boil the milk and the whipping cream for about 2 minutes. Set it aside to let it cool.
- In a larger bowl whisk the eggs and sugar together until smooth. Then add the salt and flour and whisk until smooth. Add the milk & cream mixture, vanilla bean and lemon zest. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish over the cherries and bake for about 45 minutes or until lightly browned and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When it cools, dust the clafoutis with powdered sugar and serve it slightly warm but not hot.