It’s almost summer and the season of fresh and tasty fruits is here! Few days ago I went to one of Barcelona’s markets where I saw those huge boxes full of strawberries so I just couldn’t couldn’t resist. Usually I dont prepare any desserts but as I had bought more kilos of those strawberries I decided to prepare some cake. I chose to prepare no-bake cream cake with the combination of strawberries and cream which is the classic one I guess. This recipe is so easy to prepare and impossible to ruin because you dont have to bake it 🙂 All you need is : strawberries, sour cream, sugar, and sponge biscuits. In Slovakia we use small round sponge biscuits which are my favourite ones but now when I live in Spain I couldn’t find them so I just substitute them for those that are usually used for preparing Italian tiramisu. If you don’t have any strawberries you can go for any other type of fruits or you can even mix them. I tried many versions of this cake such as pineapple one, tangerine, raspberries, etc. I also recommend you to use round cake form, the cake looks then better and its easier to serve but as I didn’t have it here I used a different one. Ingredients:
- 2 sour creams (2x 200g)
- strawberries, cleaned & cut into slices
- 1 package sponge biscuits (depends on the size of the form)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped (seeds reserved, pod discarded)
- 2 Tbs powdered sugar
- In a huge bowl mix together sour creams, sugar and vanilla bean.
- Into the cake form place on the bottom first layer of sponge biscuits, then one layer of strawberries and then sour cream. Continue other layers following the order. On the last layer of sour cream place strawberries or any other fruit.
- Let the cake cool in a fridge for about 2 hours and serve.