Today I got another soup recipe for you. During these colder almost winter days there is nothing better than a bowl of hot soup especially with some chili peppers that will keep you warm.
This Thai soup is one of my favorite ones because of its amazing sweet & spicy vibrant taste due to the combination of chili peppers, fresh ginger and coconut milk. Slightly sour taste comes from the fresh limes and lemon grass. If you like Asian cuisine this is something you will definitely love. Sometimes I have this soup as a main dish and I add there Asian glass noodles which make the soup more thick and even more delicious. In many version this soup is cooked with already peeled prawns but for me, the the best part of it after I eat whole bowl of the soup is this one prawn which I enjoy to peel and eat at the end. But if you don’t like your hands get dirty while eating then you can cook it with already peeled prawns.
- 1 chicken breast, chopped into cubes
- 3-4 cups of chicken stock
- 2Tbs of sesame oil
- 6 king prawns
- 2 stalks of lemon grass, smashed
- 1/2 of fresh lime, cut into quarters
- 2 smaller tomatoes, chopped
- 1Tbs of fresh ginger, sliced
- 5 champignons, sliced
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 2Tbs of fish sauce
- 3 Tbs of soya sauce
- 1/2 of chili pepper
- glass noodles (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the ginger, lemongrass, chicken and prawns and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour the chicken stock over the mixture, add the fish sauce, soya sauce, lime, chili pepper and tomatoes. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Then stir in coconut cream and champignons. Cook the soup till the mushrooms are soft (about 5mins). When the soup is ready, season it and add more chili or lime juice if it’s needed. At the end you can add fresh chopped cilantro (optional).
- For those who like the soups more thick, serve the it with the glass noodles cooked according to the package directions.