My first sweet recipe here! As you could see I haven’t posted any dessert on my blog. The reason is that I don’t like this kind of food so much and I prefer cooking to baking but sometimes my friends ask me to bake them something sweet and of course I can’t say no.
I found many muffins recipes very creative and easily to “change-ingredients” with totally new outcome. Imagine you have your favorite chocolate muffin recipe and then just substitute sunflower oil for coconut oil, add some blueberries and here you are : new taste and flavors. It is so easy to experiment with this kind of food and it is almost no time consuming. You need something quick to offer to your guests? Go for muffins, no one can resist them. I mean who doesn’t like muffins? Even I do like them and I don’t eat almost any sweet food.
This version of muffins I would like to share with you is something between classical chocolate muffins and my type of experiments 😀 I added one grated apple to dough, not for the taste but to have more moist dough. Then of course I used coconut oil instead of sunflower oil . lately I have been crazy about this oil, I have been using it almost for everything, it is like a miracle. I recommend you brown sugar, not the white one, or maybe stevia if you have it. If I had maple sirup that time, maybe I would add it too. Just to make unhealthy food a bit healthier (and more tasty).
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 50g of dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g of white chocolate, chopped
- 2Tbs of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (you can use stevia, or even maple sirup, it’s up to you)
- 3 Tbs of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line muffin cups with paper muffin liners or with baking paper as I did.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Beat eggs, cream, and coconut oil until smooth in another large bowl. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until batter is moistened. Add chopped chocolate pieces and grated apple. Evenly divide batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven (on 170 degrees) until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.