♫ This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night …♫
Happy Halloween to everyone!! ^^
Nothing beats a halloween dinner more than a pumpkin soup! In this case, everything good means just PUMPKIN+COCONUT MILK+ CHILI PEPPERS.
So here are the next steps you should do today:
1. Go to the kitchen! (right now)
2. cook this super tasty soup according to this recipe
3. eat that super tasty soup
4. put your halloween costume on
5. repeat the step number 3
6. and go for some crazy HALLOWEEN PARTY TONIGHT!
And here is the recipe for the soup 🙂
- 1kg of pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 800 ml of vegetable stock
- 1Tbs of coconut oil
- 1/2 zucchini , cut
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 chili pepper
- 1Tsp of cumin powder
- salt & pepper
- roasted pumpkin seeds (peeled)
- cream (for a decoration)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the pumpkin, cumin, salt & pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the veggie stock into the saucepan, add zucchini and chili pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer till the pumpkin and zucchini are very soft.
- Use a stick blender to blend until smooth (note: if you don’t want the soup to be very spicy, take out the chili pepper before you blend it). Pour the coconut milk into the saucepan and bring to the boil again. Cook for about 5 minutes more. Season the soup if it is necessary.
- Serve with the roasted pumpkin seeds and a bit of cream.