I have never been a big fan of fish meals but when I tried this salmon recipe I changed my mind. In this dish I used a combination of lemon, butter, fresh herbs and dried juniper berries. These berries give the salmon absolutely new and luscious taste. I swear this recipe is super easy to prepare and absolutely great. It’s a simple meal with a refreshing taste that anyone can make. And I almost forgot- it´s an easy way to prepare a fish quickly and in a non smelly way 🙂 I am sure when you prepare this meal at home, it will disappear quicker than any other food.
- salmon fillet
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of butter
- fish spices
- fresh rosemary
- 4 bay leaves
- dried juniper berries
- 4 slices of lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Rinse salmon fillet under cold running water and pat dry. Cut a piece of foil long and wide enough to wrap the whole salmon twice.
- Butter one side of the the tin foil leaving there some chunks of it. Season it with salt, pepper and fish spice, add 2 bay leaves, 2 slices of lemon and few juniper berries.
- Place the salmon on the buttered part of a foil and put the same ingredients on the top of the salmon, plus add rosemary.
- Wrap the ends of the tin foil to form a spiral shape. Fold the sides of the foil over the fish , covering completely; seal the packets closed. Place the foil packet on a large baking sheet.
- Bake the salmon for 15 minutes. Then cut a top of the tin foil, open it a bit and bake for another 5 minutes
- serve 🙂