Last time when I was cooking Congri- Cuban rice with black beans (I will add this recipe later) I accidentally prepared more black beans that I needed. But who is at least a bit creative there is no problem with any type of leftovers. I also had a half of avocado left so I decided to try a new spread and trust me, it´s amazing!!! I am not even vegan but this spread is fantastic for everyone and a bit different to those I was used to prepare.
I love how amazing new dishes one can create from just leftovers. This recipe is quick and easy and you can use this appetizer like a dip for some small toasts or veggie strips. After my family tried it I had to buy more beans and avocados for the next one 😀
- 100g black beans, cooked
- one avocado, peeled
- one small clove of garlic, minced
- 3Tbs of olive oil
- lime juice (from 1/2 lime)
- 2 Tsp of white sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- to cook the beans: Cover the beans with water and let soak overnight. The next day, drain and rinse. In a pot boil the beans until they are tender. Drain well.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve with toasts, veggies, or dippers of your choice 🙂
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Note : I personally prefere this spread with the whole grain toasts and sprinkle them with hemp seeds.