If someone asks me what´s my favourite food I would probably answer sushi and pasta with tomato sauce. I have already shared my recipe of the first one so I think it´s time for some pasta today:)
When I was a child I used to negotiate with my parents to eat this meal everyday. Clearly it didn´t work with them but it did with my grandma so every summer I was looking forward to visit her to cook with her and eat everyday spaghetti with tomato sauce. Since I am not a child anymore I have experimented with various recipes of this sauce but this one is my favourite one and it´s the simplest one too. The trick is to use just the fresh tomatoes and not those in a can. And the trick number 2 is….fresh herbs!! They give the food unparalleled aromas and flavors because Fresh herbs can take a dish from good to great.
What you need:
- 3-4 large tomatoes (or bunch of cherry tomatoes), chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- one tsp. sugar
- green herbs (basil, oregano, ..etc)
- parmesan, grated
How you do it:
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to the package directions
- Meanwhile, add the olive to a frying pan and heat over medium- high heat. Add the garlic, onions and sauté until the onions are softened. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes (chopped into small pieces) and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. At the end add fresh herbs .
- Serve immediately with pasta and sprinkle with parmesan.